This is a UK
based website selling antique maps and city plans of the UK, Europe and the World. There are over 2000 old maps listed in the easy to use catalogues on the left. All items are guaranteed as
genuine and original antique maps. UK city and town plans are a speciality which are ideal for hanging on a wall whether your place of birth, education or current domicile.
- UK city and town plans - over 800 antique maps of all the major UK
cities and towns for sale particularly Birmingham, Bristol, Cambridge, Edinburgh, Exeter, Liverpool, London, London-environs, Manchester, Newcastle, Oxford and York. There are also many smaller UK
towns and cities all listed alphabetically especially old Roman/University towns such as Bath, Canterbury, Chester, Cochester, Gloucester and Norwich,
- Uk county antique maps - over 300 county antique maps especially
Cambridgeshire, Cheshire, Cumbria, County Durham, Kent, Lancashire, Northumberland and Yorkshire. There are over 20 maps of the Kent Hundreds by Edward Hasted and over 25 maps by John
- England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales - country antique maps including the whole of the UK, Great Britain and separately for England, Scotland, Ireland and
Wales plus some regions. There are many maps from the 'golden age' of mapping by Homann, Mercator, Merian and Ortelius,
- Europe Antique maps - over 800 city and country antique maps for
sale especially Belgium, France, Germany, Holland, Italy and Spain plus the cities of Antwerp, Brussles, Madrid, Paris, Berlin, Amsterdam and Venice. France is well represented and ncludes many fine
maps of the whole country, regions such as the Lot and Garonne (Guyenne, Gascogne) and cities such as Bordeaux, Calais, Lille, Lyons, Rouen and Valenciennes. There are over 20 maps of Venice.
Although hard to come by, there are several maps of Mallorca and the Ballearics.
- World antique maps - several antique maps especially USA, New York,
Boston and South Africa
- Other - including folding antique maps, UK city prospects (especially Samuel & Nathaniel Buck), panoramas, UK road, rail and sea maps, and large scale old Ordnance Survey
Photos of all of the antique maps are in the photo gallery and
there is also an index by mapmaker so you can search by name from Aa to Zatta including all the famous mapmakers such as Blaeu, Janssen, Merian, Mercator,
Munster, Ortelius and Speed. Braun and Hogenberg are well represented with over 70 of their famous UK and European city views.
There are large number of maps for sale by Bowen, Cary, Cole & Roper, Dawson, Dower,
Hasted, Hermannides, Morden, Moule, SDUK and Tallis
I have a few antique prints for sale and these are in a separate
catalogue towards the bottom of the list on the left (Mallet, Illustrated London News, van der Aa). I also have a complete set of Hogarth's Marriage a la Mode for sale
See FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) for more information,
or please just contact me by email or telephone